Seamus Heaney

Today marks the death of Nobel Laureate and poet, Seamus Heaney. Some years ago he was kind enough to meet with the group of writers who had contributed to The Healing Pen, a book of writings from the Writing Group which I facilitated at Cancer Care West, Galway....

Writing our gratitude

Researchers Steven Toepfer and Kathleen Walker of Kent State University conducted an interesting study on writing about gratitude.  Based on the finding that 40% of our happiness is accounted for by intentional activity (the other 60% breaks down to: 50% genetics/ 10%...

Advice

“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.” The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald Over the course of our lives, we get and probably give a lot of advice. So try writing about the best...